Thursday, June 5, 2008



Tuesday June 3

The kids at Assisi were sleepy this morning and most were sound asleep about an hour after we arrived. So we decided to take John, the only one who was awake, and drive to St. Thomas Mount nearby. From the highest point, there is an amazing view of the city. And John liked watching the planes fly by and land at the airport, which could be seen from one side of the mount. We are looking forward to meeting the new children that are meant to arrive at Assisi tomorrow. Even though Stephen warns us that there are likely to be quite a few tears, as these children will be going to daycare for the first time. I’m sure Chantal and I can handle it!

Tonight, after a short break, we walked over to Seam’s Children’s Home to spend some more time with the children there. The kids finished up their face masks from yesterday and a few new children also got to make some masks. When I took out the camera for a few pictures, I was immediately surrounded by kids saying, “photo sister, one photo please!” They all seemed to get so much excitement out of having their photo taken and then being able to see it on the little screen. Tomorrow, I’ll have to remember to get through some ABCs and 123s before I take out the camera, or they definitely won’t be able to focus! I look forward to the rest of the week at Seams, as I love to learn the personalities of the children a little more with each day.

Sarah

No comments: