Thursday, June 12, 2008



Sunday, June 8

Today is our first day as a team. After breakfast we stated orientation and assigned ourselves to different worksites.
I’ve been freaking out a little bit about getting my lesson plans together. I’ve got 4 levels to teach tomorrow: KG, 1st, 2nd, and 6th. I think that 6th will be the hardest, but I really have no idea.
Just before dinner wee went to a local orphamage that we will be visiting daily from now on. The kids were extremely enthusiastic about our visit. Though the English lessons that we will be giving will be important, I think that just having positive adult role models around will be even more important, especially for the women.
We had dinner out tonight at a local hotel restaurant on one of the main drags. It was fantastic. We came back to the guest house afterwards to go to bed. There seem to be more cows out at night.

No comments: