Wednesday, June 4, 2008



Thursday May 29

Today was a great day at Assisi Illam. I discovered that one of the children, Isaac, is incredibly ticklish. He loves when I pick him up and throw him over my shoulder or hang him upside down with one arm and tickle him with the other. Of course, once I did this one time, he was permanently attached to my hip for the rest of the day. He would say “Auntie! Auntie!” and act out a tickling motion until I grabbed him up again. I didn’t mind one bit, even though today was one of the hottest days we’ve had yet! The other children saw what was going on and wanted their turns as well. I’m sure I’ve grown some new muscles in my arms just from today! They laughed so much that we were hushed by one of the nuns. I’m so glad that I can bring them so much joy.

Tonight, we were lucky enough to meet some of Stephen’s family. his parents, his brother’s wife, her mother and his brother’s new baby boy. They were such nice people. It is amazing to see just how similar people basically are, despite whatever differences in their countries. Next week, Stephen and his wife Sheeba will be moving into the guest house with us. She is going to teach Chantal and I how to make Poori bread, which should be great!

Sarah

No comments: