Monday, January 5, 2009

31 December 2008




31 December 2008

Today at Assisi, we twisted the morning away while listening to Elvis. The kids had fun for a while but quickly became more interested in the psychedelic computer screen than dancing. It made me think of how many American kids prefer TV and computers to physical activity…it made me glad that these kids don’t have such easy access. Then again I felt sad that they don’t have more opportunities to advance. I quit dancing long before Joelle who danced and danced and danced. She has endless energy for kids, dancing and singing. Harshall worked hard on math and reading skills with several kids…and read the paper.

George allowed me to hold him for quite some time today. He has rarely slept so long while I held him. It made me sad to realize that we only have 2 more days to share with these incredible kids.

Tomorrow we go to the circus! I think I am more excited than the kids!

“Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have.”

No comments: