Thursday, May 29, 2008

Monday May 26. Assisi Illum

I can’t speak for the others, but I know that I missed the children over the weekend. We were only gone to Pondicherry for two days, but I was so happy to see them again this morning. Today, the big hit was stickers! They loved all the stickers, but especially the ones with soccer balls, footballs and basketballs. I brought along a soccer ball early last week and left it for the children. It is obvious that this new toy is getting a lot of use! I’m glad that they are enjoying it. We will bring back more stickers tomorrow, as even the older girls requested them! Today I also mastered picking up two of the little kids at once. They love to be bounced around together in my arms. It is an incredibly easy form of entertainment, but it gets some of the best reactions. Their high pitched little laughs are absolutely priceless. Tomorrow we will have to also work some more with the flash cards. The children are very good with some English words and are getting better with a few new ones. However, it is often difficult to teach them the words that go with objects that they have never seen before. I do my best to explain what each is like or what an object’s purpose is. Some children also confuse the letter ‘G’ and ‘K’, ‘I’ and ‘L’ or ‘S’ and ‘C’. I am doing my best to help them with this! Sarah

No comments: