Saturday, February 16, 2008

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Margaret Andrews

Today was hectic, but exciting for me. At St. Josephs the UKG teacher was absent, and the “substitute” teacher was the 7th standard teacher (her students were still writing exams). She knew nothing of kindergarten routines, the closet with homework books and crayons was locked, and I had at least observed the routine for two days. So we agreed that I would teach and she would maintain order. I simply reviewed work they had done and the two and a half hours did pass. We were both relieved to be released at lunch time.

In the afternoon I continued at my new alternative placement at Grace School. (It has gotten easier each day.)

Stephen’s parents kindly invited us for dinner (which was excellent.) To mark the day Sheeba gave us each jasmine flowers for our hair – a sensory reminder of her thoughtfulness throughout the day.

Thought for the day: “All things are difficult before they are easy.”
Thomas Fuller

No comments: