Monday, July 7, 2008




Friday, July 4, 2008 - Leslie Parsons

This morning I began teaching grade 4. We started with basic yoga and stretching then it turned into running on the spot, climbing... A whole whack of different physical activities to get them going. They loved it and it was hysterical to watch them all running on the spot, pretending to climb a mountain, reaching for the stars… we were all laughing. Then we played basic word games which they enjoyed as well. At the end of class, they all ran up to me asking for my autograph. A lot of the kids do this everyday and it cracks me up. They are just adorable.

In the afternoon after lunch a was with grade nine and we played 20 questions – boys against the girls. They loved it because it is competitive – I have them boys against girls and even the teacher gets in on it. We have fun playing it and had a lot of laughs today. It got very loud with the competition that other children were popping their heads in to se what all the commotion was about.

I feel a little sad this afternoon knowing that the two other volunteers, who are father and daughter –Aron and Sonali are leaving first thing tomorrow. I have had a wonderful time with them and enjoyed getting to know them, hearing their stories and sharing our experiences together. Next week I am on my own. I don’t mind this during the day, but at dinner and after dinner I am sure I will be lonely.

No comments: