Saturday, January 26, 2008

Global Volunteers India Team Journal - IND0801a1

Rick’s Goodbye Letter

Good morning everyone,
This past week has been an experience that I will remember for the rest of my life. Having the opportunity to get to know such a wonderful group of caring, smart, and fun people as yourselves made it extra special. I will miss you all!

Roma and Ruth – True inspirations are you both! I hope to follow your example on how to really live ones life to the fullest.

Ginny – Never a dull moment. “Have fun”. You set the tone for this project and I most certainly did! Obama for president!

Lucy – Best of luck in the new job. You and Elyse are going to have a blast at St. Joseph’s. The kids are going to love their new “Aunties”!

Elyse – You should be so proud of yourself. Not many people of any age could do something like this. I can only imagine the great adventures that lie ahead of you as you journey through life. You rock!

Jan – I wish I had you as a principal when I was in school. I know you must have made a difference in so many children’s lives.

Anne – I’ll miss our daily commute to work. I know you have many more travel adventures ahead of you. Consider Easter Island, a very special place.

Christine – You have more immediate travel adventures in your future. I am jealous. Have an excellent journey. I hope your driver ends up being as good as the real Stephen. Please email when you can with updates.

Joanne – I had such a great time working with you this week. I think we had a pretty good team. I am sad I won’t be able to share the Assissi experience but I’ll be living it through the blog.

George – My roomie. I great guy and a fantastic teacher. Remember to open the door for Ginny at 6:30am every morning.

And to our team leader, Stephen. Thank you for making this experience so meaningful. Your warm and caring demeanor made everyone comfortable from the start. Always smiling, never stressing, you take care of us all so well. You have the knack to answer all of our questions as if it is the first, not the 60th time you have been asked the same thing. Congratulations to you and Sheeba on the pending arrival.

Have a great weekend! Bye!
Rick

No comments: