Friday, January 18, 2008

Global Volunteers India Team Journal - IND0801a1

January 11, 2008 – Ruth

It is hard to realize this is the end of week one, a great week, with one sad thing. Rick has left us. He was a wonderful and valuable member and will be sorely missed. I am sure his farewell drink went well, which thanks to you “Dear Journal,” I missed.

As always, my time with the nuns was a pleasure. I hope I am giving them something useful in psychology. However, it is surely helping their English as the material is challenging. After a 5-minute break they can relax for the conversational English time.

Grade 5th at Grace School surprised me with their ability to sort random letters into words. They got the words “copy cats” from the jumbled letters with no clues. During the Grade 2nd period, there was a parents’ meeting to which George and I were bidden. The director spoke and when George was gone for a minute, asked me to talk to them. I felt inadequate, but on George’s return, he carried the honour for Global Volunteers. His address was excellent. I always felt he’d done a public speaking course.

And now, Dear Journal, “That’s All.”

“Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you a valuable lesson.”

No comments: