Friday, March 16, 2012




Wednesday, 14th March 2012

Many

We started out with an interesting night in our little humble room, the A.C. started to work after four days of being here. We’ve been using the fan and learning to be patient with the humidity. So far, the night has been challenging with all kinds of interesting sounds. The sounds of the busy streets, the fans running in our room, the dogs barking, the chipmunks making noises and the roosters crowing, not to mention the crickets and the birds chirping. Once the sunrise hits, India becomes even livelier! A sleepless night for me and my roomy Angela! The daily momentum from the local people here in Porur always surprises me with so much grace in the end.

Breakfast time, is always at 8:30 am sharp! I am always looking forward to every meal here at the Guesthouse because Roni and Sheeba are amazing and wonderful chefs! Yes, the wonderful aroma of Indian spices wakes me up, giving me strength to continue the duties of my commitment. Due to the sake of the precious children here in Chennai our loving support is timeless and most valuable.

My plan is to always put on a smile and try to do my best and try not to stress. Steven always reminds us to just go with the flow. Of course, I literally take it to the heart and loving his style of wisdom. I believe we are one of the best teams here at group #110 because of the mix of girls and women from different and wonderful places of the world. We definitely have “girl power!” I realized that we all come from different backgrounds and professions, but that’s what’s so awesome about each and every one of us it’s not about how much we know, it’s about how much we truly care!

At this time, it’s almost the beginning of summer in India, there are no such things as the four seasons like in the USA. The seasons are in the ‘hot, hotter, and the hottest.” However, I absolutely do not mine the heat. Knowing me, I am a big time baby when it comes to the cold weather. Even living in Washington State for most of my life, I am still not use to Seattle WA, weather.

I am starting my first assigned act of service today! My teammate Melissa and I was chosen out of the rest the seven people in our team. We got to paint the SEAM’s (South East Asian Mission) library. I’ve noticed the sun was out brighter than the previous days. Due to our friendly painting instructors, Maha and Apu being so positive and helpful, they cheered us on and because of their support, the bright sun did not affect me as much. Furthermore, they provided us with nice coffee and entertained us with nice soothing Tamil songs from their cell phone. Also, some of the little school boys came to take photos of us, which Melissa and I both loved to do. I considered myself the paparazzi since I love to capture every meaningful moment. There were some funny moments while we painted. We decided to asked Maha and Apu to start taking some funny pictures of us before we finished painting the library. I am pretty sure we left good, fun lingering moments for them to remember. “Leaving the mark”

We went back to Steven’s parent’s house for the brilliant lunch in the coolest ride, the auto rickshaw! Steven parents and his brother’s family was such a great host! They were showing us the house; basically welcoming us with their warmth appreciation. They are so filled with many expressions, of their gratitude, their beautiful smiles makes me feel so comfortable and welcome. Steven’s family was so happy seeing the rest of the team, enjoying the delicious meal that they diligently cooked for us. I ‘m sure the meal was cooked with love. What a blessing for our team group #110!

At our next assigned service project, we got to visit and teach the orphans at the Assissi Illan day care in the evening at 5:30 PM. The children there are so bright, especially for their age. There was 30 kids in total. I was extremely shocked and amazed at the children! They are so young and precious yet they were so eager to learn English with full excitement! Looking at their sparkling eyes, it’s like seeing an ice cream truck coming by. It’s was such an awesome moment to be in when seeing them wanting lots of attention from Melissa and I. In my life, I never saw children so eager to learn.

Later in evening around 6:00 pm, an older man stopped by to celebrate his Birthday with these orphans, the kids called him father. I am so touched to know and see that many of the local people (higher classes) here in Chennai have such a big heart. Investing their valuable time, expressing kindness and generous spirits directly to these orphans. I had come to conclusion, accepting the fact that there are so many wonderful people in the world, sharing their blessings to the orphanages. This kind of love really makes me feel so blessed to have this beautiful experienced ever!

Here are my two personal quotes for today:

This quote is directly to the children. “Remember God loves you so much because you are very special to Him. You are His gentle soul, you are precious, you are innocent, and you are absolutely priceless.”

“I truly believe where your heart is, there is your treasure and if it’s LOVE, anything is possible. HOPE”

No comments: